CHARLESTON, WV – The Capito for West Virginia campaign announced today that the West Virginia Manufacturers Association has endorsed Senator Shelley Moore Capito’s campaign for reelection in 2020.
“No one has done more to support an agenda that benefits West Virginia manufacturing than Senator Shelley Moore Capito. Our members are excited and proud to stand with her for reelection,” said Rebecca McPhail. “Senator Capito was a leader in passing the Tax Cut and Jobs Act which has enabled our members to compete and grow. She also is working with us to invest in our state’s energy infrastructure. Senator Capito is leading the efforts to build both a storage hub and pipelines to help grow chemical manufacturing in our state.”
“I appreciate the hard work that West Virginia manufacturers do procuring products that are used around the world. Manufacturing jobs are good paying jobs for West Virginia workers,” said Senator Shelley Moore Capito. “I am grateful for their support and look forward to working with them to provide federal resources and support to harness our natural gas and the downstream jobs associated with chemical manufacturing.”
- More than 50,000 West Virginians work in manufacturing.
- For every one manufacturing job there are four support jobs.
- The average manufacturing job pays more than $65,000.
- Manufacturing accounts for 10% of the total output in West Virginia.
- In 2014, the total output from manufacturing was almost $7.5 billion.
- West Virginia manufactured products worth $4.3 billion were exported in 2014.
- Small businesses comprised 88% of all exporters in 2014.
– 30 –